Year-Round Tax Service
The Mesa VITA Program offers tax return preparation services throughout the year. This service is provided only at the Mesa United Way office located at 137 E University Drive, Mesa AZ 85201 (south side of University between Center Street and Mesa Drive).
Prior year returns (from tax year 2000 onward) and amended returns are included in this service. You must have all of your tax documents for each year (see What to Bring below). If you do not have all of your tax documents for a year call your local IRS office to obtain a “Wage and Income Transcript”.
For amended returns you must also have a copy of the original return as filed or a transcript from the IRS. Go to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript or call the IRS to obtain a “Tax Return Transcript”.
A Reservation is Required
Send an email to Don Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and which year(s) you need to file OR call him at 480-834-2113 to set up an appointment. Reservation times are generally from 9 AM to 4 PM Tuesdays through Thursdays.
What to Bring
• Social Security Cards (or ITIN cards or ITIN letters) for all members of the household
• Picture Identification for taxpayer (and spouse, where applicable)
• Proof of all income including W-2 and 1099 forms, and self-employment records
• Deduction Information such as home mortgage statements, medical expenses, auto registrations, and donation
• Child Care Information, including record of payment with name, address, and tax ID# of childcare provider
• Direct Deposit Information – bank routing and account numbers
• Records of stock transactions including reports which contain the cost basis of stocks sold
• Health Insurance Information – Form 1095-A/B/C if available (for 2014-2016 only)
• Prior year tax returns, if available (federal and state)
• Any letters received from the IRS or state