Prior year returns and year-round tax services

Year-Round Tax Service

The Mesa VITA Program offers tax return preparation services throughout the year. This service is provided only at the Mesa United Way office located at 137 E University Drive, Mesa AZ 85201 (south side of University between Center and Mesa Drive).
Multiple prior years (from tax year 2000 onward) and amended returns are included in this service.  But you must have all of your tax documents for all years (see What to Bring below).  For amended returns you must also have a copy of the original return or a transcript from the IRS. Go to or your local IRS office to obtain a “Wage and Income Transcript” if you do not have all of your tax documents for a year and also a “Return Transcript” if you have already filed and need to amend a return.


A Reservation is Required

Send an email to Don Jensen at with your name, phone number, and which year(s) you need to file OR call 480-834-2113 to set up an appointment.


What to Bring

Social Security Cards (or ITIN cards or ITIN letters) for all members of the household
Picture Identification for taxpayer (and spouse, where applicable)
Proof of all income including W-2 and 1099 forms, and self-employment records
Child Care Information, including record of payment with name, address, and tax ID# of childcare provider
Direct Deposit Information, including bank routing and account numbers (such as a voided check)
Records of stock transactions, including reports which contain the cost basis of stocks sold
Health Insurance Information, Form 1095-A if available  (for 2014 only)
Prior year tax returns, if available (federal and state)